We would love to welcome you to our group and it's very easy to join. Simply read the following few rules and then click the registration link at the bottom of this page.
- Each participant must register through ultrasignup.com. Membership period is January 1st through December 31st.
- Runners entering the series after a series race must have their paid entry to the series by the end of the quarter and will receive credit for all races within that quarter and through the end of the year.
- Each race in the series is separate and independent. Each race director determines their own race fees, race date, number of entrants, and cut off times. It is each runner's responsibility to comply with those requirements.
- All series participants will be awarded points when they officially complete a series race. For a series runner to be awarded points for a series race, the runner must run the event on the same day with everyone else in the race, run the race within the cut-off time allowed, and the runner must be included in the official results by the race director. Be sure you understand each race's markings, cut off times, and be sure your finish is recorded at the finish line.
- Points are tabulated for each race using this formula: 100 miles, 100k, 50 miles, or the 50k: The individual's time is divided by the winner's time then multiplied by the race distance (in miles). For a 12/24 hour event: the runner's miles are divided by the winner's miles (to establish a percentage) then multiplied by the maximum possible points (100 in a 24 hour/ 50 in a 12 hour). If the winner runs less than 100 miles in a 24 hour or 50 miles in a 12 hour that distance will be used to calculate the total points. The maximum points on any 24 hour run are 100 points and 50 points for 12 hour runs.
- Separate standings will be kept for men and women.
- A maximum of the best of six races within the series will be calculated for the final standings.
- Series divisions are: Open 1 (29 and under), Open 2 (30-39), Masters (40-49), Seniors (50-59), Super Seniors (60-69), and Veteran Seniors (70-79). There is also an award for most miles completed with the fastest cumulative time as a tie breaker for both men and women. This award is not age specific. Depth of age group awards is as follows: First Place, Second Place with five or more in the division, Third Place with eight or more in the division.
- A runner's age for the entire year is her/his age on January 1st.
- Certificates will be awarded to any runner completing six or more races in the Series. You need NOT be a California resident to participate.