Series Rules for USATF Members - Southern California Association (SCA)
- To be eligible for a USATF Southern California Association award, the participant must be a member of USATF in the Southern California Association at the time of the event for the event total to count.
- Membership period is January 1, 2021 through December 31, 2021.
- You do not need to be a United States citizen to participate.
- Each race in the Series is separate and independent. Each race director determines their own race fees, race date, number of entrants, and cut off times. It is each runner's responsibility to comply with those requirements.
- All Series participants will be awarded points when they complete a Series race. The runner must be an official finisher and be included in the official results by the race director. The USATF Southern California Association award will use the SoCal UltraRunners Series Points Standings as the basis for the Points.
- There are USATF Awards for Overall Points Champions for Male and Female for both the Open Division and Master's Division (Masters and Seniors are combined for the Overall Masters Points Champions).
- There are USATF Awards for Overall Mileage Champions for Male and Female for both the Open Division and Master's Division (Masters and Seniors are combined for the Overall Master's Mileage Champions).
- There are USATF Age Group Awards for both Male and Female (first place only). First place medals are also awarded.
- A maximum of a SoCal Ultra Series runner's best six races within the Series will be calculated in the"Points" final standings (a.k.a > "their best six points finishes").
- The "Overall Mileage" standings has no maximum number of races (a.k.a. > "most miles wins").
- Series Age Divisions are: Open 1 (29 and under), Open 2 (30-39), Masters (40-49), Seniors (50-59), Super Seniors (60-69), Veteran Seniors (70-79), and Zen Seniors (80+).
- A runner's age for the entire year is her/his age on January 1, 2021.
- All cash award recipients must fil-out and sign an IRS W-9 Form (used for reporting income)
EXPLANATION OF SERIES RULES, ELIGIBILITY, AND AWARDS FOR SCA - USATF SPONSORSHIP
For USATF Benefits go to: http://www.usatf.org/Products---Services/Individual-Memberships.aspx
To join USATF use: https://www.usatf.org/membership/application/index.asp